Fighting to Make Sure All Californians – Regardless of Ability to Pay – Have Access to the Health Care They Deserve
Underserved and underrepresented communities need a variety of health and human services to grow healthy such as quality health care, economic opportunities and stability, education, social services and a safe environment. Without access to these services, communities will continue to face disparities and inequities that hinder their ability to thrive.
Protect Vital Health Care Programs
Vital safety net health care programs must be protected, preserved and extended so that communities in California have access to services they need to lead happy, healthy lives.
Vital health care programs include:
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) serve as health care safety net providers and provide care to underserved communities.
- National Health Service Corps brings medical providers to patients in communities without access to quality health care.
My Vote, My Health™ is a network of organizations that empower underserved and underrepresented communities to find their voice and understand the decisions being made about their health and communities.
Vulnerable, but valuable members of society are often left out of critical decisions that impact them, their families, and their communities. My Vote, My Health™ is dedicated to establishing and promoting the voice of underserved and underrepresented communities that have historically been excluded from making informed decisions about their health.
We accomplish this through:
- Education. By educating constituents about issues that directly impact them, we are creating awareness to change the outcomes of important decisions
- Empowerment. We introduce and clarify complex legislative and policy issues to community members and leaders to ensure they are making the most informed decision. By introducing a platform and different avenues where these members can share their input and views, we are empowering them to ensure their voice is represented in critical decisions
- Mobilization: Through education and empowerment, we mobilize the underserved and underrepresented members to register to vote and make their voice heard on Election Day